Senior Data Engineer
upto £68,000 + package
This Senior Data Engineer position is with a nationally recognised Telco company in Birmingham, who are modernising their data environment with a business-wide move to Google Cloud Platform.
You will deploy production ready Cloud and Big Data systems and thus, need proven experience in ETL, Data Development, Data Warehousing and Migration. The ability to drive the team forward in their migration from Oracle to Cloud will be important to the whole function, and your work will affect the Analytics and Data Science teams as they rely on robust, scalable pipelines and data flows.
This will present you with the chance to lead 2 fellow engineers and contribute your knowledge & experience to the overall development of this platform – shaping how the business as a whole utilises data for excellent analytics. Stakeholder management and the ability to communicate progress or issues around the team will be a key skill.
Tools and Technologies:
- Strong SQL experience, for ETL, database management, transformation etc
- Experience with Python or Scala is desirable but not essential
- Good experience of Oracle, PL/SQL will be very useful for working with legacy systems
- You will be working with GCP and supporting the development of this, but experience and understanding of AWS or Azure cloud platforms is also great
- Usage of GCP Streamsets for data transformation
- Stakeholder communication & management, and the ability to lead fellow engineers
Hit ‘apply’ below to send me your CV, or drop me a message on LinkedIn to set-up a chat about this or similar position on my desk.