MBN are excited to be working with one of the UKs largest financial institutions to find top C#.NET developer to play a pivotal role within the company , with a focus on building sustainable software that drives the business forward.
they invest in the latest technologies to facilitate the delivery of ground-breaking business solutions. The teams are passionate about technology & offer the opportunity to work with cutting edge tech and be part of a team that employs an agile approach to software development.
The Client prides itself in offering a refreshing, stimulating work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely makes a difference. As one of the UK's leading independent pensions, investment and benefit consultancy, we employ over 800 staff in four UK offices (Glasgow, London, Edinburgh and Birmingham).
We are looking for a senior software engineer to help design, build, deliver and run world-class digital solutions that support our market-leading products for longevity risk analysis. You will:
- Work alongside high-performing, highly-skilled and multi-disciplinary teams. We work within a DevOps culture that promotes team autonomy and engineering excellence, using the latest technologies.
- Drive innovation, increase maturity and improve integration with our longevity modelling ecosystem, with a focus on R.
- Collaborate closely with senior developers, architects and data scientists to deliver sustainable solutions that deliver value for our business.
- Be involved with meaningful work - we can provide complex challenges, at scale, in novel market areas.
- Be core to the product teams that build, test and scale our models and services.
In order to succeed in, and enjoy, this role you are likely to have experience with:
- Service-oriented architectures
- Message brokers (e.g. Azure Service Bus/RabbitMQ) and messaging patterns (MassTransit experience beneficial)
- Batch and stream data processing
- Object-oriented development patterns and approaches (primarily in delivering .net solutions)
- Microsoft development stack and Azure Cloud computing technologies.
- Continuous improvement and continuous delivery practices, DevOps culture and automation within the Azure Dev Ops platform
- Behaviour-driven test approaches and frameworks
- Relational and NoSQL data architectures and technologies
You will likely be:
- Interested in stats/data science and functional programming, e.g. with exposure to R or Python programming languages.
- Aware of, or experienced with, some of our core data science and analytics platform technologies:
- Databricks / Apache Spark
- Docker and containerised solutions
- RStudio Connect
- Self-motivated with a drive to learn and share knowledge
- Focused on continuous learning and improvement
- An effective communicator and a great team player
- Able to forge strong and professional relationships at all levels
In Return we offer:
A highly competitive salary
Award Winning Benefits package
Shared Values -- Confident, Friendly, Partnering & Straightforward
Exceptional learning & development opportunities
An excellent working environment with a strong social scene
Opportunities to give back through volunteering initiatives
For more information please get in touch!