Big Data Software Engineering Lead
- Data Engineering
About the role
Senior Data Engineer
£40,000 - £68,000 + fantastic package
MBN’s Data Engineering team are working with one of the UK’s most renowned telco companies who are looking to take their well-established Big Data Platform to the next level. Their data is currently in Hadoop & AWS environments, but they’ve also introduced GCP to boost insights and collect more, better data related to their millions of customers.
You will be joining a team which is spread across 3 locations with a great mix of experience and a really positive culture. This project will shape the future of this organisation’s data strategy, and if you come on board, you’ll be a pivotal part of this development. Truly an excellent opportunity to work with the most modern tech in the industry, with a business that is using data at every level of decision making. They are looking to bring someone one who has demonstrable experience with big data, and would be comfortable working in an agile environment using multi-cloud & contributing to data strategy.
Skills and Tech:
- Programming in languages such as Scala/Python/Java
- Big Data experience with AWS, GCP, or Hadoop, as you’ll be developing on top of these platforms and transforming data from here
- Understanding of DevOps and how these principles are applied to Data Engineering
- Development/Creation of API’s
- Commercial experience building data pipelines and performing ETL processes
For more details about this role, contact EuanVance@mbnsolutions.com and I’ll be more than happy to discuss it further with you. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.